View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 09:33 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Lilly Burn

Hi, I found your post whilst looking for more information about sociopaths. I am now very aware that my X Husband who was an alcoholic, was also a sociopath, as you say the latter are often prone to substance abuse, my husband also took cocaine if the high wasnt enough [without my knowledge at the time]. His main traits as a sociopath were his feelings of being more special, above others, everything being others faults and most importantly his parasitic lifestyle. He marries or lives with people for their resources, what they can offer whilst it suits him, this sadly was the case for me and he has since lived with at least one other person to fulfil a need and has now married someone with all the resources, he comes to the table with nothing, never pays the utility bills etc. He now has bad debts hanging over him too, he is happy not to pay bills, walk away etc, all signs of being a sociopath. An alcoholic will often of course, display the same sorts of symptoms but conversely, they may hold down life time marriage, jobs, mortgages etc..my ex is incapable of this. Lastly, he was always planning for our future, they were always changed or didnt happen. Since he left my brother in law actually said, he changes his plans on a daily basis, again a sign of a sociopath, disfunctional behaviour...It is hard to admit that I was just a resource, but he showed no remorse for the devestation he left behind and never does, he is a blamer...Anyway, I hope that what I have said is of interest. Your friend is probably just both, an alcoholic and sociopath, sadly...