Old 02-06-2013, 10:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
bemyself

Thanks to all who responded, very much.

Shock, may I first say I have / had NO wish to offend anyone, least of all your good self. I have found many of your posts very helpful. I merely mentioned my 'passage', if you will, through a year of AA meetings AS PART of my journey. When there's an overlap (in time, and thought), it's very difficult to excise one bit of one's experience into This forum whilst keeping another bit in That forum. Sometimes, there is merely - well, some overlap. I totally respect and understand the differences between the SR sub-communities. However, I have often noticed that a few respected members do in fact mention their time (some, current time) in AA or similar whilst mainly discussing secular approaches.

And, yes, I do know a little about SMART - however its meetings are so rare where I live. I see things like SMART as likely very helpful for many; but for me (just saying), straight CBT has never truly cut it for me, with depression or anything else. I really love nuances and the melding of differences, I guess. Probably part of the reason I often feel I don't 'fit' in anywhere: not just in the world of recovery, but anywhere. What I mean is: I find it very difficult to 'conform' to a set of rules which are circumscribed by X, Y, Z.

Sorry: maybe I just miss Terminally Unique.