View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 10:04 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Jeni26

FP-I hear you xxx. But remember no-one is indispensable. You are obviously a very committed and conscientious worker and with that comes an expectation from others that you can take it all on. But you must put yourself first. Taking a day to yourself is absolutely the right thing to do sometimes. It gives you that space to step outside the rat race and take stock. It is ok to say no. It is ok to say you are unable to take on any extra committees at present. You won't be of any use to anyone if you crash that car when you are exhausted. I'm really concerned for you my friend. This sometimes seems overwhelming doesn't it?

Saying that, I'm really struggling too. I've probably got some sort of sinus/ear infection, my head is spinning and I want to curl up and have a little cry. But I've got a very difficult meeting with a parent first thing, then am interviewing all morning, followed by a mediation meeting with a class staff team where there are allegations of bullying. All way out of my comfort zone, all challenging and all I want is my bed.

Being a workaholic can be as damaging as being an alcoholic sometimes.

You take good care of yourself. I'm watching over you xxxxx

Love to everyone. I will give individual shout outs when I've got more time xxx