View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 09:15 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bigsombrero

Thank you for posting this. I had three seizures also and similar experiences. After my first seizure, the doctors said the same thing - they could not find conclusive evidence of anything. It was treated like "no big deal" more or less. Of course, I knew it could be related to drinking but picked right back up and nobody said a word.

My next one was when I was on vacation, alone in Puerto Rico. I was walking in a hotel lobby and the next thing you know I woke up looking at strangers who had brought me water. I painfully limped around for the rest of my time there and did not tell anyone back in the lower 48 about the seizure. The third time I had a seizure it was in front of my entire family. I had a similar injury to yours, I bit my tongue so hard on one of my seizures that I needed stitches in my tongue, I also had a black eye and cracked my orbital bone on the table. What a wreck. At this point my family had become concerned about my drinking, and this was the final straw. I went to treatment at their request.

Treatment was a lifesaver for me. To think how close I was to killing myself with those seizures - I really had to face that in treatment. I hated the "stigma" of going to treatment, but I had to. Lots of things are different now, and not all for the better - but I'm working them out, sober. Those seizures scared me straight too.

If I could give you any advice I would say you might want to at least look into it. Regardless, it's very scary, isn't it? I am sorry you had to go through what you've been through.