View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 10:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Bk123

Couple of questions

So. Made up my mind to quit. Always been quite a heavy and daily drinker. Prob same for a lot of you folks. Started with a six pack, then added some wine, switched to a pint of vodka, now close to a fifth, if not a fifth. Everyday. Without fail. Things escalated dramatically in last few months since I moved away from NYC to escape the taxes and work from home office. Easy to pour a few during the day. Plus wife and kids are in house and she is a little stressed about new place. Makes me start nice and early. Prob common enough. So question I have is best quitting regime. I feel god awful every morning. Sometimes succumb to a drink to ease the pain. If I don't succumb to a drink, I'll feel fine by the evening, but wow, what a tough day, pure misery (and since I'm home with the family, I can't even show it, have to look bright and happy all day). So bad that I will invariably drink out of relief the day is over. And cycle starts anew. I do have a bottle of Librium that I once got from a doctor. Never taken it. Will that kind of ease the pain of that first day? Or will it just knock me out? If I can make it through a day or two I really think I can beat it. Just can't afford to be in a zombie state for those two days. Thanks. Once I get things going, would like to start a daily journal on here just for support and to keep my eye on the ball.