Old 02-04-2013, 02:18 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Gforce23

Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
You don't need to be in charge of the thoughts. Thoughts are constantly coming and going, such is the nature of the mind...all different thoughts 24/7, many we aren't even conscious of. Instead of focusing on controlling the thoughts, being in charge of them, you just need to be in charge of your reaction to them. That is what you have been doing. Good job. Practice makes perfect.
Maybe that should be my new mantra: "their just thoughts, their just thoughts OM mani padmi hum....their just thoughts...."

Yeah, that should probably be my mantra for a LOT of thoughts, and not just the drinking thoughts: The HOLY CRAP THE WINGS ARE GOING TO FALL OFF THIS PLANE!!! thoughts, the SOMETHING TERRIBLE IS GOING TO HAPPEN TO MY SON, thoughts, the Nobody at this Party, Event, Class, or Mom's group (especially the Mom's group!) is going to like me or their going to think I'm really weird or to intense thoughts, the HOLY CRAP IF I GET UP HERE AND PLAY MUSIC IN FRONT OF PEOPLE I WILL MAKE MISTAKES AND THEY WILL LAUGH AT ME thoughts....

Yeah. Man, I got a lot of seriously f*&ked UP thoughts that are wreaking havoc in my life! Sometimes I feel really sad that I'm 42 years old and I've really held myself back from doing things that I want to do because of these damn THOUGHTS. So much time wasted. So much time wasted being wasted!

Stupid thoughts.

I am going to keep practicing Soberlicious. I'm going to think of it like mastering mental Kung Fu.

Thanks everyone!!!