View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 07:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
FamilyMan2153

The truth shall set you free

Today I told my company everything about my past. I had 2 DUI's with the company car. They knew about the first one but never really asked many questions about the second. Basically I lied by omission which is the same as lying. Hard to live a sober life with that stress hanging over me. I will be terminated by the end of the day tomorrow. I do not have a license and will not until Oct 20th so finding a new job of equal pay will not happen. I am giving up a 6 figure job and my house for sobriety. It sounds noble but honestly it is the only thing I can do because I never want to go back to those dark days. I still have 8 days on this bracelet and when I lose my job I will have to go back to jail and serve my time which really sucks. I have been sober for over 5 months and want to keep moving forward and this was holding me back. I do not need prayers for me, I will be fine, I have the tools, but prayers for my children and family which will take it very hard. I have worked here 25 years. My wife is a stay at home wife which will not be possible now. We discussed this and supports me but tough times are ahead.