View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 11:25 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
BackToSquareOne

Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
Or is there just one reality? Does one's perception actually make it reality? If we are all observing the same thing differently...who is to ever say what is real?.

That's kind of an ages old question, "Is reality objective or subjective". Is it outside your mind (objective), or do you create your own reality within your mind (subjective). If they cross over, one to the other, which one is more real?

Since perception is subjective does that make our own personal realities subjective? Try this thought experiment, lets say I'm a Doctor who studies spiders and snakes, I have a habitat room full of them where they slither and roam freely about, I think it's awesome. I invite you over (you don't share the love of spiders and snakes), you enter the habitat room and are in freak out mode.

In the above example we both experienced the same objective reality (the habitat room), but our subjective realities may have been miles apart. Our minds run on thoughts, feelings and emotions which form perceptions that give birth to our personal realities. When people say there's only one reality I often wonder which one it is they're talking about.