Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 02:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
britabroad

Hello

Hi there everyone, I've dived into the Class of February 2013 thread and Kicking Asphalt over in Fitness and Health, but thought I should introduce myself too.

As I said elsewhere, I have never been an every day drinker but tend to overdo it when I do drink. I am going through a stressful time in my life right now and have found that when I drink it is sometimes not pretty.....it makes me more upset than I already was and brings out some anger that must be buried in me at the moment.

With that in mind, I am trying to take a good break from alcohol. I had 10 days sober at the end of January just there but blew it on Friday, so today is day 2 again. I'm pledging to go the rest of this month dry at least and see how I feel from there.

My plan is to check in here as much as possible, run and go to the gym as much as possible (I'm already a keen runner and gym bunny!) and see how that goes.

I am a longtime lurker here and think it's a fantastic site. I'm hoping to get some support and offer some in any small way I can too.