View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 01:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
LoveMeNow
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by LadybugRI View Post
I respectfully disagree that you shouldn't take it personally. I didn't take it personally for way too long and it kept me in a state of chaos. When I finally started putting me first and stopped trying to justify his addiction is when I started getting things in order to get out of the nightmare. He will always depend on his sweet talk and the I'm sorrys to keep you. And why that is I'll never understand. Why does someone want to keep another's life in constant hurt? What do they get out of that in the long run? My advice is love him from a distance and know that his addiction is more powerful than your love for him. It took me a long time to accept that.
I completely understand what you are saying. However, for me, not taking it personally - helps me stay more focused on me and know I can not control others and that I am powerless.

I have also asked the very same question about why don't they leave and just go.........they don't go because we make it too easy and too comfortable to stay.