View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 12:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Joe Nerv

Originally Posted by FiveYearsYoung View Post
Looking forward to the benefits of other people's experience working the 12 step program and applying it to life. Although I've stayed sober 5 years, I've not done that alone and I still feel like a baby when it comes to life. Glad to be here all the same.
Welcome. I've been sober a while and just started getting involved here a few months ago. If you dive in, you will find there is a whole lot you can learn here. Having AA and the 12 steps as my main tool for sobriety and life, I find it interesting (and refreshing) to read about how other things work for other people. I also find it sad however that there is a lot of anti AA sentiment going around. It's clearly not the answer for everyone, and there are many at this forum who's beliefs are the polar opposite of those who work the 12 steps. The amazing thing to me is that we all still get along pretty well. This is a great place to practice "live and let live", and an equally great place to practice opening my mind up. Lots of very interesting information at this forum, and lots of things you'll never see or hear in AA.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I've been enjoying it.