View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 11:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
today15the1

one day at a time

Originally Posted by EnglishGarden View Post
I'm sorry for the stress his slip has created, Daisy. We are powerless, as you said.

He is still pretty much an active user, though, even though he is attempting sobriety. His brain has a lot of changing to do. So I'd just be very careful about believing everything he tells you. It isn't that he wants to hurt you. It's just that his disease is still strong right now.

I hope he continues his recovery work. I'm glad you are here on SR so everyone here can support you.

Breathe deep. Take good care of yourself. Trust your gut when it tries to catch your attention. Addicts are always ten steps ahead of us.
well I've been doing "NO CONTACT" because I know a part of me wanted to believe him and the lies I just can't listen to them anymore. Do I think of him even miss him some YESSSS, but Im trying to love me as I loved him. So I need prayers to go up for me to continue getting the strength I need to make it through one day at a time. I'm going to keep coming on here this site gives me strength as well because I now know the addict CAN be ten steps ahead