View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 03:56 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bemyself

MyTime, I really get where you're at, as I'm in a similar situation. My RR book finally arrived a few days ago, and I've at last had the chance to read / underline all of it. I was in fact prompted to buy it precisely because of the fantastic - and erudite - discussions / explanations about AVRT here in Secular Connections. I read all of them, and am very grateful to numerous regular posters who DO get it and have been using AVRT.

Currently, I'm drinking about a bottle of white wine every afternoon or evening, and would certainly of course NOT recommend this to anyone. I just thought it best to be totally honest esp here on the boards. Notwithstanding, I am practising / learning how my AV actually works its nasty snivelling little tactics, as I have come to really understand that quitting IS totally in the mind. Well, in fact, MY mind. Hence, 'no guru, no method, no teacher' (in the sense of endless rehabs, programmes, etc etc). That's just a title (or line) from an old Van Morrison song which really speaks to me. It's kind of very Zen, too, I reckon.

Anyway, I keep posting and reading here on SR, as this has become my (erm) 'meeting', much more helpful to me now than a certain well-known version. I respect those who find the latter great for them, but after a year of giving 'it' a damn good go, 'it' can't keep me sober for good in MY mind.

Best wishes to you,
Vic