View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 01:56 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Ananda

I'm better

I want to thank you Fresh. It was an eye opening moment when I spoke to you in chat.

My teacher of 20 years (who died a few years ago) had "coached" me on following the breath for years....but somewhere along the line I turned it into controlling the breath rather than watching....

I am renewing my commitment to some things. Of course I still have to change...but maybe I also need to remember to laugh a bit at the mom resentment (and believe me she is a wonderful person! Just human lol)

It was a stressful week at work, but I did better at living in the bounce and not staying stuck in a mood or irritation. Since Mom has been in the antartic, I have learned that talking on the phone for an hour with her is not exactly a good idea LOL.

I am going to focus on appreciating being able to expereince being a human being, warts and all...and not get all wound up about "being human".

I pretty much screwed up getting done what need to happen today...I'll try to catch up tomarrow...it won't all get done, but the big thing is I didn't cave in and drink...I didn't screw up a relationship with a wacko phone call or post...I'm in reasonable shape responsibility wise (but skating a bit on the edge there). I'll get dishes done...cook supper and do dishes again...work on my lawyer work and tax work....

Tomarrow I'll take care of the printer purchase needed, work on fixing the computer and vacume (hopefully dust too). That will be more than I would have done drunk so it's gonna be good enough for this week.

Thanks to all of you for letting me post here without a bunch of posts about how wrong I am. When I've stayed sober it's been because I had some belief I was on the right track. I share a bit too much...but so far it's been a benifit and not a henderance for me.

:ghug3

Nands