View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 01:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
MyTimeNow

Originally Posted by coraltint View Post
I'm lost in the prison analogy. Is your "comfortable" prison using or recovery? No judgements, you understand.....I just am all turned around!
No problem! Sorry my prison is the same as that of the homeless woman. She chose to drink even though there was help offered to her. I chose to drink even though there is so much help out there for me.

I'm not drinking right now, I haven't for over a week, but I've done this many times before and my drinking prison seems like the most comfortable life. So my prison - the alcohell I suppose has always seemed more appealing than the authors alcohol free one.... i.e life!

Originally Posted by jkb View Post
I think I get what your saying. I like the analogy that you are institutionalized. I am too. Once we learn that we can leave and stay gone.... I am sure we will be amazed. Thanks for the post.
Thanks jkb. We need to stay gone. I need to stay gone.

It's difficult. I really like the RR approach and I have made my Big Plan, but my beast is laughing at me - it's saying yeah right, forever? What about when you go to France? What about when you go on holiday? Never say never!

It is ridiculous, I may not even get to France this year and there is no holiday booked. It's saying what's the point because at some imaginary point in time that isn't even decided yet, you will drink.

It seems like a constant fight.