View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 04:49 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Texasblind

<---- has 2 DUI's on his record. I have been denied for jobs and gotten jobs. Not necessarily of my criminal record. Moreso, all the jobs I "quit" from because I forgot to show up.

I have a friend in HR who says all their ever looking for is theft or sex offenses, and some, but not all felonies. A DUI should never be a hindrance unless you're trying to get a driving or some kind of legal jobs. Heck, I know drug convicted felons with military clearance. It all depends on what you did and what you've done since. Your treatments show up on background whether we like to admit it or not.

Personally, I faked my way into a background check. Mine showed my cases were disposed but I did all my time.

BTW, Withdrawn/acquittals DO show up in certain background checks. They just show as "charges not filed" but the arrest record is still there.

Not supposed to give legal advice, but the first thing I did was go to the courthouse and get that piece of paper that shows my charges and says "DISPOSED" on it. It's come in handy.