Old 01-30-2013, 11:49 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Gforce23

Originally Posted by MIRecovery View Post
This comes up on a regular basis. I know in my case I am completely harmless and happily married so I would have no problem sponsoring a person of the opposite sex. The reason for same sex sponsors is to keep sex or jealousy out of the relationship. Generically it is a good idea but there are exceptions
Yeah, I know there are good reasons. When I was in the program before on a small island, the two women in the program actually turned me down for sponsorship. So... yeah that sucked. So one of the old timers, who was really sweet, sweet old man sort of sponsored me, but his wife wasn't to happy about it. If we we're late coming out of a meeting together, she gave us both the hairy eyeball. I'm married myself to a very handsome 45 year old man, so there isn't much danger with me hookin' up with one of the older male members...(no offense) But his wife had a problem with it so that put a damper on things.

We'll see what happens over the next week. At the women's meeting, only 2 members out of 15 offered to even be a temporary sponsor. I guess I'll take one of them up on it by next week. I was sort of hoping to find somebody in town here I could go have coffee with or whatever.

Anyway--just got back from the gym--30 minutes of Tabata on the spinner and 1 hour of free weights so I'm feeling positively Olympian right now!

Cheers!