View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 10:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ODAT63

What Alcoholic did!

I was in a rut yesterday, I couldn't make it to a meeting so I called my sister and best friend, I explained to her how hurt I felt because my RXAH left the state to work somewhere else, she started to remind me of the horrible things he did to me, it did help to get out of my "Oh I miss him...he was such a great guy when not drinking illusion".
Few of the things she reminded me of are:
1. He got mad at me for cooking rice and put the bowl of cooked rice on my head.....I was so humiliated!!
2. He got angry at me one time and threw me out of the house, I did not have my shoes on and/or key to come back in...I was so emberrased the neighbors would see me.
3. One Thanksgiving I went to see a friend and took my children with me, on my way back home (just 2 hours later), he was so mad because I left that he threw all my dinner to the dog and we had no thanksgiving that day or any food, so I cried and cried, I called my sister who invited me and my children to her home.
4. The poor dog got sick after all the food (thanksgiving) it barked all night, first thing that morning (Friday after Txgiving), my then sober for 9 months AH shot the dog, I cried for months over that (he blamed me for it). Needless to say he got drunk later that day.
5. Xmas 2009, he was drunk, I was crying (normal holiday I should add), my friend and her husband came to visit to cheer me up. my AH, kick them out of the house telling them that they were not welcome and to get F**k out of his house.

I can go over and over with the horrible things he did (drunk or sober), no wonder my children left home as soon as they were able to.
Remembering the bad really help me get out of my rut...I count my blessings and realized that my H.P is doing for me what I cannot do for myself..