View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 02:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Hope4Life
as a sober contributor

Dr's, Iinsurance and drug Co's are in bed together!

Hi Music Man... here in the states Dr's get kickbacks from pharmacuetical co's, so they are quick to write a prescription.

My Mother (god rest her soul) was taking 14 prescriptions before she died. Once she was diagnosed with ALS (hideous disease) and lost her ability to speak, I started taking her to her Dr appt's. When I realized how many pills he was feeding her, I took the list to an appt and asked him to explain to me what each pill was for. He got all pissed off and pulled the GOD complex on me and would not even look me in the eye! When I researched the stuff she was taking online, I found that there were many bad side effects from the interaction of all those pills. I still believe that those issues contributed to her contracting ALS. She begged me not to confront him because he was keeping her alive! She was from the generation that trust their Dr's no matter what. I still have guilt because I backed down from that jerk.....

Needless to say, I DO NOT trust Dr's because of this. I'll say one more thing...
Drug Companies would go OUT OF BUISINESS IF THEY CURED US!!!! They are trying to keep us on their POISON for the rest of our lives, so they can line their pockets.

Sorry for the rant but this is a trigger for me.......

Congratulations on your sobriety and I hope that you can get off the pain killers w/o too much trouble.