View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 12:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Music man
uʍop ǝpısdn

Sober from one and addicted to another

So I am 8 months sober from Alcohol. ( My main addiction) .

Along the way I injured my foot and was prescribed norco that only worked for a short period of time. Then the Dr gave me perc 10.

Anyways I was up to 8 percs a day. last week I was away from the house and didn't have any, by the night I was feeling horrible / sore and I couldn't sleep. Tossed and turned. this is when I knew there was an issue.

So far I have tapered to 4 a day . ( well today will be the first day with only 4)

I am stopping this and never going back. I see horror stories of people taking 20+ a day. How the heck can someone take 20?? I guess it's the same way i got to 8.

I'm going to taper to 3 by the end of the week. I feel quitting from 3 a day won't be as bad from 8 or I'm hoping that it will be minimal.

Anyways I'm glad I have a place I can vent about this and find support.

This is the place that helped me get sober from alcohol the 10 times I've quit.

This 8 months is the longest I've stayed away from alcohol and I feel good in that aspect.

Although the thought of a glass of wine every now and then when I'm out to eat always crosses my mind.

Am I right about quitting from a lesser amount ? Will it be easier or am I just kidding my self?

Thanks.