Thread: so nervous
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 06:22 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
DreamsofSerenity

I agree that you are setting yourself up for heartbreak, as well as exposing yourself to enormous risk. However, I say that without judgement because if it were me, I'd probably do the same thing. Then when he inevitably drank again, I wouldn't be able to kick him out.*

You did give him a safe place to drink previously; he won't forget that. Sometimes I think these a's know us better than we know ourselves. He will soon figure out how far he can push things with you, and how to talk his way out of any slip-ups. If he's sober for six months, you are going to be even more invested, and your boundary of absolutely no drinking in the house will be even more difficult to maintain. Ask yourself if you want to live with the constant worry and dread of relapse. Everytime he kisses you, are you going to try to smell alcohol on his breath? Are you going to snoop through his receipts, and wonder all day while you are work what he is doing? That is not serenity for YOU.*

IMO, you should dive heavily into Al-Anon and appeal to your HP for guidance and strength.

Blessings to you! *