View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 10:03 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Melacole

Originally Posted by jennbean View Post
Hi, I'm new to the forums and wanted to pop in here.

I have this weird emotional attitude/feeling thing going on, and I can't really place it. I thought I would ask if anyone else has experienced it. I think it's just what not feeling drunk or worrying about sneaking another drink (I was a sneaky alcoholic). I feel light, not light headed, but just somehow, lighter.

I definitely have more energy it seems. Today I went swimming with my hubby for the first time in a while. For me that was really nice, because he had been out of the house in the morning, so normally I would have been drinking while he was gone and would have seen it as an opportunity to start early. Then when he got home I would have pretended to have my first drink around 2:00ish but already be half drunk. Then I would have just sat on the coach watching TV and drinking. So, for me it was an accomplishment.

I also had some work, studying and family obligations, so it was nice to stay busy and distracted.

Anyway, thanks for letting me share. I really wanted to tell someone who would understand what a big deal this is for me.

I hope to get to know all of you!
Welcome, Jennbean. I see so much of myself in your post-- thank you for sharing. As someone who hid drinking myself, there was so much relief in stopping. Because I was a secret drinker I spent so much time and energy hiding it and covering my tracks that it was so tiring. When I stopped it lifted so much of that and it is such a relief. Keep at it, I know I have found so much help here at SR.

Just checking in after a very emotionally draining weekend. My sister asked if my husband and I would be the ones to care for my niece if anything ever happened to her and her husband. So weird because I felt that I could say yes without a doubt. I wouldn't have felt as good about it if I was still a drinking mess. My mom then countered that with some bad news, so just trying to deal with family drama.

So, I came home from the family drama, made some tea and grabbed a book, after I sent a text to my friend who is also in the program. I bought the book Drinking A Love Story several years ago but never actually read it, so I dug it out today. Anyway, hope everyone is doing well wherever you are right now.