View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 02:55 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
renaldo

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
I wish they could make a pill that duplicated that effect without all the other 'side effects' of alcohol.
Pills take time to kick in. Alcohol works in a matter of seconds. Even sniffing gas involves a ritual and takes considerable thought. Various elements have to be in place for it to be an enriching experience. Taking a swig of beer requires no ritual. The only variance factors are the rate at which you consume, whether you've eaten or not, and how much sleep you've had.

Well, I guess there are other factors, but there is no big surprise for me what happens when I drink. As Dee said, there are no epiphanies to be had there. Waking up in jail is not a "surprise" that I'm courting, so I have proper respect for alcohol. It does what it does and I know what to expect. It still throws me for a loop sometimes, though.

In recent years it has never been my intention to get drunk, but it happens sometimes anyway. That damned amygdala! I'm like one of Pavolv's dogs.

I find it funny when people ask if there's alcoholism in my family. If you branch out from the nuclear family, there's alcoholism in EVERY family. AV is like a child molester whose desire is never fulfilled. Also patient and conniving, just like a serial molester. Gives you good reasons when you are at your most vulnerable why this is a good idea. But don't tell anyone about our "little secret."