Thread: i drank tonight
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 08:10 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
MissyShelle76

Cleo, the one thing that sticks out to me is that not once did you say "Well, I screwed up. Might as well throw in the towel". NOT ONCE. Instead, I read the words of someone who said, "Okay, this happened. It wasn't the best choice. So I'm going back to doing what I know works" I read the words of someone with determination to keep moving forward.

For me, sobriety is like so many things. I remember when I wanted to lose weight. I committed to healthy eating and a good workout program. I followed it really well but sometimes, I skipped a workout, ate a doughnut, etc. But then I'd stop and reevaluate. If I continued skipping workouts, eating doughnuts, I'd be stuck in a place where I was beyond miserable. But if I dusted myself off and stayed committed to my plan, I'd reach a place of better health, more fitness and a sense of pride of reaching my goals.

You had a moment of giving in to that thorn in your side. Those stupid thorns we all have. But I for one feel grateful for the thorn because when I move forward in spite of it, it creates a sense of pride in myself unlike anything else.

I'm rambling I think...lol. But you are an amazing woman I have enjoyed getting to know and you know what to do to be where you want. So keep doing it