Thread: I've blown it
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 03:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
hypochondriac

Thanks for posting 7897 and welcome to SR

Your post reminds me of how I felt practically on a daily basis when I was drinking. Although I never drank at work I drank the rest of the time and I felt like it was obvious. In my case it appeared that no one actually noticed and I managed to get sober with relatively little fuss. Either that or my employer knows and just hasn't mentioned it. He knows I quit now. In a way that fear is good if it really spurs you on to quit drinking. That's what happened with me. I had this huge paranoia of anyone watching me work because my hands were shaking and I knew I smelt bad and the sweat was pouring off me. It might be a good idea to take some action today so that if your employer does say something then you have evidence of a willingness to quit at least. Whatever happens know that it can only get better from now on. I was horrified at the thought of anyone finding out about my little problem but when I finally told people it was a huge relief. I was amazed at how much this isn't an issue for other people. Not that other people think it's acceptable, it's not, but other people won't feel the shame that you do and they won't think bad of you. I hope everything goes relatively smoothly for you and keep posting here. It really helps to have support xxx