View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 05:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
lizatola

LOL, I swore my AH was borderline, too, but that was before the drinking started again. He does see a psychologist right now and has been treated by a psychiatrist. He was diagnosed with depression and anxiety issues. Of course, since AH doesn't like to confide in me and lies to me about what he tells his doctors, I don't really know if he got a different diagnosis, etc. Or, maybe he just doesn't listen when the doctors talk to him anyway. Our marriage therapist swore that AH had difficulty processing what he was hearing, which he said in a joking way. He was referring to the fact that he'd say the same thing every week, over and over again, only to find that AH just plain old didn't hear it. My take on it was that AH heard it, he just didn't want to address it or deal with it as he is deep in denial.

Either way, I don't think he'd be ready to get a diagnosis. Hey, he's mr happy right now so he doesn't need help. This is what happened when the Paxil really kicked in. He got happy and he stopped going to therapy.