View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 08:50 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Lunetta

Going to a Birthday Party Tomorrow Night......

Hi January! I am EXHAUSTED. I have been working what feels like nonstop and now I have work related appointments tomorrow and Sunday which really pisses me off because I really wanted to do nothing and sleep in. Oh well, if they run a little too long I am going to lie and say I have somewhere else to be.

Please keep me in your thoughts tomorrow evening. I will be at a 30th birthday party for my sister in law. They are borrowing my margarita machine (I'd give it to them but it cost a lot of money, and maybe I can use it for snow cones). I have already told her that I have stopped drinking (I said it was a new year's resolution). She said she totally understood and that she can't drink as well as she used to either now that she's older (we're 30) and obviously she has no idea my drinking problem but it was nice that she tried to understand! I also mentioned it to a friend going that I work with when she said "Ready to get your drink on Saturday?!?' She took it a little differently "WHAT? WHY? Well eventually you can have some at special occasions right?" LOL. She calmed down after that. Anyway, I know it's something I should avoid (as many on the forum suggested when I posted this as its own topic) but I'm going. I know for sure I will not be drinking but it will be interesting to see how my friends/inlaws react at this "margarita fiesta" when I bring my own diet soda. My husband has to work early the next day so we have the perfect excuse to leave early if need be. I will let you know how it turns out!!

@Woodhead - I finally told my husband more of what was going on and he asked me if I was going to quit forever. I was very honest and said I don't know. I can't promise something like that at this time but for now I am not drinking. I think if we are honest with our spouses that we really can't promise "forever" but we're going to try, it ends up being a positive step for the relationship. It's probably easier since my husband isn't a woman...and says very little and doesn't get too emotional or anything but the quick talk we had seemed to be a step in the right direction.

@Dorris - I feel you on the overeating. I am starting my "better eating habits" in February and maybe even some working out!! I have been eating and drinking sugar all month but it's better than drinking!

@Bounced - glad you checked in even on an off day! I look forward to your posts.

@LindseyMarie - I'm going to check out some of those books. I'm currently reading "Unwasted"

Alright I really need to get some sleep, goodnight everyone!