View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 07:22 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
WhoDey

Originally Posted by woodhead View Post
WhoDey,
Have you discussed you stopping drinking with the wife? I have not yet, and am waiting on her to comment on my new reality. I think maybe she's afraid to ask me about it in case her inquiry would jinx the deal. It's sort of like having a kid that knows there's no Santa, but won't acknowledge it because they don't want to spoil the fun and rewards. Anyway, I am anxious to discuss it with her when it comes up, and to tell her about SR which has helped me more than anything I've tried in the past - so glad I found this site.
Woodhead ...

I have discussed my stopping with my wife ... she brought it up ... "I've noticed that you haven't been drinking" ... but only briefly. I'm still embarrassed by the whole enterprise and don't really want to discuss it. It's easier to discuss the process of quiting here.

That said, I would recommend that you mention it to your wife. You don't need to go into great detail ... just mention that you decided to no longer drink and that you come to this site for support.

When I visited my mom last week in Arizona, she also noticed that I wasn't drinking and mentioned it. She then said she was proud of me and that she knows I have always been able to accomplish anything I put my mind to. That meant a lot to me.