View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 05:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
incitingsilence

First off it isn’t your problem. Please feel free to opt out of the madness if you want to and don’t feel guilty because you don’t have to and shouldn’t be all in.

Ultimatums usually backfire.

Anyone think to let your sister put something on the table to find a way out of the hell she put herself in. This is what should have been done from the get go.

It is situations like these that will usually remove all rational and common sense from the room real quick.

If your father knew or suspected she was using, he isn’t totally innocent. Because really who lets an addict house sit?

And if I was your mom I would never ever take 10 grand out my retirement to bail anyone out. But if she does down the line that will be something she will have to live with the consequences of.

All you dad had to do was report the fraud and refuse to pay. He could prove he wasn’t there, he was away. He could prove he didn’t make the call to activate the card because he wasn’t home. Surely he has proof he was traveling therefore how could he be at fault. The credit card company screwed up, how do you let a woman activate a mans card, really now. From what I know of credit card offers, they record them and they ask personal questions, it isn’t like a card is active, it is an offer, then send card after the fact. Unless he got a card sent and all she did was activate by pushing buttons on the home phone. But either way he bears no liability to pay anything.

He could say my daughter was house sitting and left the credit card company to do their job and investigate. It is so simple. No bad or good guys saving or jailing.