View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 06:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
EnglishGarden

If a police officer comes to your door because your partner has been busted for narcotics, Chloe, I think it might put you in jeopardy of being investigated by Child Protection Services. Others here will know more about this kind of risk, but I wanted to mention it so you can keep the possibility in mind while you sort things out.

I'm sorry your family is in so much crisis. But you can, with help from clear-headed others, find a way to some stability. We hope again and again that the addict will take responsibility and keep his promises. A small minority of addicts actually do. They enter recovery and they meet their obligations. But getting there.....they probably shattered a million good intentions. And children...they just can't wait that long for a parent to be sober and safe. Childhood is quick and it's permanent. And nothing is more important than predictability, consistency, and physical and emotional safety.

I hope you get plenty of good advice there where you are. Plenty of help. Wishing you the strength and the courage to try a new way.