View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 03:54 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
whatsgoingon

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the reply's and nice to see some old friends too!

One positive things I can say about being sober is that I'm a lot more rational these days. When I was drinking I would be quite defensive about silly things, even when I sober. I used to take the slightest negative comment as personal and it would send me spiralling into a depression. These days I more likely to shrug it off, I figure that life can be stressful and people can say things out of context that they wouldn't normally say. I do feel like I have gained a certain amount of inner piece as well.

What I want to do next is build my confidence up. Deep down I know I'm a very capable person but I'm also a complete scatter brain and totally disorganised! If I could just learn how to shut off the annoying chatter in my brain and concentrate on the here and now life would start getting better.

Change is a long process. I am quite impatient and want to see the fruits of my labour now! I realise that despite the fact I am almost 5 months sober I am still at the beginning of my life change. I was drinker for a long time, so becoming who I want to be is going to take time.

A friend of mine recommended a book to me the other day. Not sure on the exact title but its something like kiss that frog or eat that frog? Has anyone heard of the book? Anyway, my friend tells me it will be worth my while reading it! It is apparently a light hearted look at how to improve your life and be more productive and boy do I need that right now!

Good to catch up with everyone on here!

All the best,

Sneeker