View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 04:56 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
bemyself

Thanks RobbyR for several things I found useful:

"... you can for sure use different tools in combinations to be in recovery and so then become recovered. The most important element in that approach, in my opinion, is being sincere from the start that being yourself is the paramount and essential requirement going forward. Its not for the faint of heart, and not everybody wants to be so personally self-aware and in-the-moment practising the use of their selected tools for their chosen life-style."

[and] "I have discovered surrender is not always waving a white flag, head hung over... surrender is also a path that leads to enlightenment when we keep our head held up with an open mind, and when we keep our ego well oiled and responsive to the moment at hand. "

I so appreciate 'hearing' the words of wisdom from you and many others here in SR...
I posted my story a few days ago in Newcomers (because I've been relapsing, almost daily - while waiting waiting waiting for my RR book to come in the post.). I even damn well drank again yesterday - AFTER going back to AA that day and the one before. So I didn't even make it fully through Day 2! Arggghhhh.

I struggle with a LOT of chronic depression, and so find myself doing battle with that many times each day, sometimes each hour. So it's like having two Black Dogs snappin' at my heels on each side of me. Fascinating too how we - speaking for myself but suspect others have been there - find the mind to be our worst enemy and our greatest friend.

Great to see btw Matt that you too are in Melbourne, as are a couple of others. Sending good positive thoughts your way once I've managed to find them for myself
Vic (not-a-bloke :-))