View Single Post
Old 11-24-2004, 12:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Gracey

I learned quite a long time ago that I dont like my parents actions or words very much........i didnt even know what detaching was at the time.......but I did that..not knowing......I think that the reason I was able to do it maybe a little easier........is that there is two hours between us........so their expectations of me were not as high as my other siblings.......It has enabled me to stay out of alot of family garb, because to the distance. I have a relationship with my parents.....but it will never be close........it is incapable of being close.......i tell them general things

I always thought that my mom... liked to see us fighting........that gave her something to talk about......This is something that i have learned about myself.........I dont like people who pretend to be concerned for someone else to get personal information for their own self gratification and to give them something to focus on and gossip about for the next week, or till something else better comes along......

I have learned not to tell my mother anything, or my siblings because they cant keep nothing to themselves......but if thats what they want to do, to tell and spread gossip I figure they are trying to give themselves self esteem boosts.......and that is why they are still gossiping, because they have learned unhealthy ways to make themselves feel better..