Old 01-23-2013, 10:51 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Garen

I will be 29 for another 5 months or so and my goal is to enter my 30s totally alcohol free. Was able to stop drinking in August for about 6 weeks, got confident and cocky and had a bottle of wine and completely lost control... again. I know the main reason I drink is I don't know how to form attachments with other people. Went to a couple AA meetings but they were all much older and I don't ever know what to say, really. It was just a very awkward situation for me even though everyone was very nice. I keep hearing "you just have to put yourself out there...." so, I did that, and it didn't work for whatever reason... or it didn't seem to. Not sure what's wrong with my head but it seems like social situations are boring to me in general even though I seem to need it. Just wish there was more girls out there interested in computers, science, philosophy and other boring things like that instead of what's happening on TV or what their co-worker said about someone else... not sure what I'm suppose to say to stuff like that so I just smile. I don't know... somehow I have to find my nitch in society.