View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 04:35 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
phoebe64

I began to grab the glass and have my evening wine out of pure habit. It just was like, "Time to make dinner, pour a glass and start dinner." Like knee jerk. It was crazy. I have found myself drinking without really wanting to. One such occasion was a relapse on vacation about 2 years ago. I had been stopped for about 4 months and drank simply because i knew my hubby would be each night of vacation. I did not really *want* to, but just did it out of complacency because I would be so bored and annoyed hanging with him without a computer or my usual stuff to distract me. I justified it as a vacation thing. But soon was back close to old habits with drinking a few nights a week, sometimes more. Not quite as bad as before, but bad enough.

I had really thought I could do it just for the vacation. Nope. Red wine is my thing too. Quit again in November, but have slipped(Thanksgiving and a night in December?). That pull is strong.

Welcome to SR. You will find lots of support here. I used to drink just like you. a bottle a night, sometimes more on weekends. I have suffered serious health issues due, in part, to it.