View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 09:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BabyJane

Waking up sick sucks.

I have to say, ever since I found out I'm having this baby I wake up feeling sick as hell and it's just like a hangover. Ironic since I'm sober. I never knew how much just being pregnant changes your body. It's really crazy. I'm thankful that I will get the chance to be a good mom free of drugs and alcohol. I guess I'm just venting and saying aloud that I hope it gets better. All these women on the mommy forums say how much they *love* being pregnant and that's why I'm here and not over there because, give me a break, I need to talk to people who can get real! Lol. I don't have a "glow" unless you count the sweat from marathon barfing. Gross, I know. That's the truth. Then there's the issue of already not getting any sleep because I have to wake up every two hours to use the bathroom or be sick. Nightmare. How do so many women have so many kids? Lmao.

I'm still a bit nervous and it seems like we will be ok but there's so much to think about with having a child. I need sober parenting advice! How does everyone do it? I'll have to balance school, work, motherhood, sobriety and keeping a house decent. It's a bit daunting. Also, I'm wondering if I should tell my new OBGYN / doctor that I'm in recovery because there will probably be issues with delivery and pain meds and all that... Although I don't know if that's a bad idea, I don't want social services checking in on me or something outrageous like that. I guess I have a while to figure it out. I'm due in August.

Sorry to be complaining I'm just sooooo sick I can't get out if bed yet and I'm bored. Any parents or anyone who has input I appreciate it. Have a good day everyone.