View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 08:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
BabyJane

I thought to myself yesterday, "I should check in at SR but I have nothing to say be ause things are just ok lately and I'm boring!"

Then I realized that for me (and most if us) a little routine, normal, "boring" day or week is a good thing because I used to have nothing but crisis after crisis and drama. I don't even know how anyone could stand to be around me I was constantly having disasters and so self-obsessed it was shameful. I was never the one people could come to for support or help; I just sucked people dry and was needy all the time.

I am SO glad for my life today. It's really different. You want to know what I did yesterday? I woke up, ate toast, read the news, applied for a few jobs, met up with my sponsor, and went to Costco to buy food like a freaking grown up. I didn't wreck my car. I didn't go to jail or the hospital. I didn't get in a fight with a drug dealer or smuggle heroin over the border from Mexico. I didn't wake up in a strangers bed and immediately run to the bathroom to puke. I didn't steal from my family. When my friend called I answered the phone and listened to her and asked how I could help. I hugged my sister. None of this is extraordinary and I'm not saying this to impress people because its not impressive it's just living. The only really cool part is that I am grateful so I don't drink or use drugs. I want to keep this average, quiet, status-quo life. I'm not special or some kind of rock star. I don't have to be. I just have to be ok and not pick up.

Good post thanks!