Old 01-21-2013, 08:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Lily1918

Originally Posted by tjp613 View Post
Do you actually believe that I haven't shown kindness and compassion to my own child?

Do you actually believe that I CHOOSE 'tough love' because I just am too lazy or self-centered to show kindness and compassion for my own child???

Do you actually believe that tough love is easy for me in any shape, fashion or form???

Wow. Just wow.
no. I believe that you are compassionate and caring. we all love our children. when my MR son begins his negative stimms (strange behaviors like rocking and spinning and blowing raspberries are just wierd, but he grinds his teeth and bangs his head on the wall among other things) I ignore it, put his helmet on and walk away. I can't make him stop. I love him, but I accept that I cannot change him. I can control me. Im sorry I know it has nothing to do with addiction, but I want to say I might be able to relate to having a child in a situation that I can't change, and who I know will never ever be healed. at least in addiction there is always hope for healing. I think you are courageous to allow your son to clean up his own messes. truthfully.