Old 01-21-2013, 07:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sijames

I think I need help, or maybe just get a grip of my life!

Hi.

I have looked at this website a few times as it gives me a bit of comfort when I've gone through a bad stage with my drinking. Let me tell you a little about myself...

I don't think I'm an alcoholic, but I am for sure a problem drinker. Basically I live a healthy life, I train at the gym 5 days a week, I eat a very clean diet, play sport etc BUT almost everytime I drink I just can't stop... as an example I went out on Saturday for a friends birthday, felt rough on Sunday so carried on drinking, did the same on Monday and again today (Tuesday) I'll probably stop now and start eating right and training again in the morning but it seems to be a vicious cycle. I think I need to accept that my days of binge drinking need to remain in the past as if I carry on like this I can only see a bad conclusion!

I'm not sure what the definition of an alcoholic really is but as I don't drink for 4 or 5 days during the week, sometimes two weeks without any cravings or what have you I don't think I am one but I know for damn sure I have some kind of problem when it comes to alcohol.

I feel so happy and motivated when I don't drink and the complete 100% opposite when I do. So I have now decided to quit the booze, that is me done and I think life can only get better when I do this!

Thank you for taking the time to read my story, I feel too embarrassed to talk about this with friends and family as I don't think they know.. but I want to be the best version of myself not the drunk or depressed from being drunk the day before version!

Thanks