View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 01:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
healin
I will not call off the search

prescribing my own cure

Hi everyone, this is a great forum and I wanted to share with you my story entitled: My 12 year addiction to crack. I won't go into too much detail but as the title suggests I have been an addict for far too long. I started taking the drug to get away from my addiction to cocaine but as you know this was a bad choice. I have managed to work throughout my addiction, have a family and a loving girlfriend who is totally against drugs and who has stuck by me throughout this. I have tried numerous times to quit but always failed and this time I truly believe I can do it using my own medicine. I have been clean 2 whole days and to some of you may seem like this is nothing but please believe me that this is a monumental achievement for myself. I have lived only for this drug, been its slave and prisoner but now i'm fighting back. I'm starting CBT sessions tomorrow as a little extra help, given control of my bank accounts to my girlfriend and removed any easy possibility of obtaining the drug. These decisions have been tough and unforgiving but I knew that one day I would have to bite the bullet and defeat this addiction or face death. I'am here to listen to you in return, give my advice and take yours. Thanks for reading my story