View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 05:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
hypochondriac

Originally Posted by sneeker View Post
So my theory was wrong. There was no direct link between the alcohol and the depression.
I don't know Sneeker, I think you may need more that 4 and a half months to figure that out. Personally I am pretty sure that I suffered from depression when I was a kid, before I started drinking, and drinking has covered up a lot of sh;t that otherwise I would have had to deal with... But, a lot of my depression now I am sure is situational. The transition getting sober is pretty huge, maybe you're still adapting. Some people insinuated to me that I should be feeling better after 3 months, but 10 months in I had to deal with my first sober Christmas and that threw me into a tailspin. I think it may take longer due to all the situations we have to learn how to deal with sober. You say you do feel better now.. maybe in another 4 months you'll be feeling even better You're on the right track with your doctor, I am sure the counselling will help, but if it doesn't maybe try a different type of counselling before you give up on it. Get a good self help book, go to a meditation class... just keep trying things to help you feel better.

I don't think anything miraculous happens in recovery but I think it's accumulative and every day things get a little better... x