Thread: Mom
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 02:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
standstrongup12

Mom

My mom lives with an active alcoholic... who has abused his kids, been charged with rape and pretty much has lived an unpleasant sordid life. During Hurricane Sandy, when I was 7 months pregnant, I stayed with her for a few days as I was without power/water.. and you could feel the explosion coming but I kept my head down as this was only very temporary. He'd say random things like he wasn't sure I should shower there because I might fall and sue him, etc... I had an issue one night and ended up in the ER (which now I blame on stress of the whole situation). Next night he comes upstairs and starts in on my mom listening in on his phone calls and before you know it, he is in a rage, threatening and screaming at me and my mom, my mom is hysterical and I told him if he didnt calm down, I was calling 911. I packed up my stuff and spent the night in my cold apartment which was sadly a lot more peaceful. The next day my mom said she knew it was a bad situation and she shouldn't live there etc but came up with a list of excuses of why she couldn't leave. But of course since then, she is back to babbling away about him and justifying his behavior and forcing me to acknowledge him, say thank you as he paid to have my car looked at, set up some of the baby's stuff, etc. I do not want him anywhere near me or my child and I made that quite clear to my mom. Yet just now she sits here in front of me crying about how after I just delivered I didnt say thank you to him and I was disrespectful to him... and she brings up my husband (soon to be ex) who is a drug addict and she never disresepected him etc. Of course the fact that I never allowed myself to stay in a situation where I was complete dependent, emotionally and otherwise, on someone else who could and would hurt me never gets brought up. When my husband got that way, the police were there and he was taken away. I don't know how to handle the situation -- I talked to her about Al-Anon where she won't go, I told her how he is unsafe, and now I am being forced to be grateful and thankful. He was raging and threatening a 7 month pregnant person... he could buy me a BMW and it wouldn't make a difference. Help.