View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 07:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Seeking...Encouragement...

So, the semester started tonight...my last semester of graduate school.

And it was really funny. My RF circuits professor saw me and gave me a tap on the shoulder. The former department head saw me and gave me two taps on the shoulder. And then my academic advisor -- God Bless Him -- gave me a hard time about finding a nice girl. All within 10 minutes.

No, I said.

Yes, he replied.

And then I said in all seriousness I didn't have the emotional bandwidth for a romantic relationship. Right now, I have nothing to give. Hell, I don't even miss sex...

...but I digress. Tonight was the beginning of my last semester of graduate school, and I'm taking the most hardcore course my department offers. I think back a year ago to when my AXGF "did what she did" and, at once, it seems like ages ago and yet not too long ago. A year ago, I couldn't have done this. Graduate level work in the hard sciences is a commitment to pain, and although I was determined to get better a year ago, I wasn't where I currently am.

So, I'm seeking encouragement from friends here. This course is going to be a nightmare. I can do this, right?

ZoSo