View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 05:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
alia

PohsFriend - just to clarify - it is NOT my RABF's bachelor party. It's his friend who is getting married. You're very funny and I appreciate your very straight forward advice!! Also, he would be paying for this trip completely from his own money.

I appreciate everyone's support and input. I completely agree that I should be able to give my opinion but I sometimes get the feeling that he is looking for me to support him and not for my actual opinion. One thing leads to another and we end up arguing. I guess I just keep reminding myself of my own boundaries and once those boundaries are being passed, I will have to make a decision for what I want for my life. Until then, I don't want him to use my words as excuses or as a place to put blame.

I always used to ask him in his previous attempts for "sobriety" where he only drank sometimes or set limits - "If you are acknowledging that you have a problem, why wouldn't you just default with taking the safest path possible?" ..... I feel like I'm still asking that question. Why debate putting yourself in a threatening situation?