Thread: Work Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 02:57 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Squizz

UPDATE:

So the work party went off relatively well. I didn't attend, despite the fact that it was literally three blocks from my house. As a matter of fact, I was at home in bed by 10pm last Saturday. (After watching one of the most exciting football games I've ever seen.)

Anyhow, remember "Chris" the guy from work I was going to pray for? Well I did pray for him, but apparently God had other plans for him on Saturday night.

I guess he got completely hammered, and made a complete and utter fool of himself. What's worse? Monday morning he came in absolutely reeking like alcohol. Since I have to work with him, I simply said, "Chris be careful who you talk to, you reek like booze right now."

He tried saying it was from the night before. YEAH RIGHT! It takes one to know one, and there is absolutely NO WAY that he'd stink that bad with 10 hours in between drinks before work. He's drinking before work, I know it. You know why? Because I used to do the same thing.

This guy's days are numbered, and I feel for him. Because he doesn't seem to care in the slightest.

As for me? Well, I'm 52 days clean and sober as of today, and things keep getting better and better! I'll be off to my meeting which starts in about an hour. I'm even going to get there early to help set up.

And one last thing about work and sobriety: Work is much easier, and much more enjoyable whilst sober! Thank you all for all of your support. Bye!