Old 01-16-2013, 12:18 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
seek

Originally Posted by FireSprite View Post
I know - there's this thing that comes with Awareness which is that sometimes it enlightens us in a way that allows us to see others' pain/reasoning/issues in a way that allows us to feel compassion for their path; but then are we sacrificing our own feelings/wounds/needs if we accept these 'excuses'? I see the multitude of repressed issues RAH is dealing with trying to get sober & they can outweigh mine a lot of the time because he has (accepts) fewer tools to deal with them & they have been repressed for so long. I feel compassion for how long/arduous his path is, but that doesn't negate my own. My best friend & I were just talking about this today.

Do you do any yoga? There are a lot of poses which can help with energizing that chakra point. Last night I fell asleep for 10 mins in Supported Corpse Pose & it really helped!
I honestly don't know what his experience is or what is going on in his head. I just know that I understood that his analysis, while perhaps misguided in some sense, is still correct . . . I just recognized the truth of it - this has opened me up to all of my demons - all of my pain and sorrow - all of my worst fears - all of the resentment - and while it is exposed, it is now my job to heal it.