View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 10:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
PohsFriend

As a man who has been to a few bachelor parties and am familiar with the stereotypes you see in movies like "The Hangover" my thinking is "Not only No, but HElllllllllllllllll No!"

I have a little bit of hero/rescuer syndrome as a good codie should so I avoid Al-anon meetings that are filled with women. Am I worried that I would cheat on my wife or something untoward might happen? No. ....but if I'm upset with Poh I talk to the guys and putting myself in an environment where there are a lot of women who are hurting is just stupid because its a recipe for instant empathy and understanding at times of emotional strain so I keep a boundary.

My wife doesn't go to happy hour and sip Ginger Ale.

Fat guys shouldn't hang out in bakeries to demonstrate their self control.

Why look for trouble? Jeeez... I've had enough times in life when I wasn't looking for trouble and yet trouble would slip into a little black dress and chase after me while I was minding my own business, lol. Besides, sounds like he can't afford it.

I think if it comes up I'd ask how are we going to pay the things we need to pay and come up with enough extra for you and your buds to go whoring in Costa Rica.

Getting hammered and indulging in all manner of tasteless acts as a rite of passage into married life is just not a great way to start life as a married man.