Thread: Contradictions
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 08:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
MsPINKAcres
Living in a Pinkful Place

((KE))

These are very tough things to do my friend ~ and for me it required constant communication with my HP and my sponsor ~

If you read in the other F & F forum - my daughter Ash just made 1 yr sober ~ well she is 35 yrs old and has been on this road for almost 20 yrs ~
During this time I have had to show her love, but watch her be homeless, lose custody and visitation rights of all 3 of her children.

I have given her emotional support but tell her that I loved her enough to allow her to find her own path and not allow her to move back home.

And then I had to decide if I wanted to allow the fact that I was clueless to whether she was ok or not affect my serenity when she disappeared . . .

I was reminded that my HP has no grandchildren - that she was HIS child first before she was mine ~ that my HP was grieving over her choices too ~
That I could love, pray and let go
To take care of myself and enjoy the life I had been given would be the best gift I could give her ~ for then she would know how wonderful recovery truly worked in someone's life ~

So I just kept trying, faking til I made it ~ ODAT ~
I journaled, prayed, attended meetings, talked with other "moms" and many days barely managed to just "do the next right thing"

for me that's how you do those things ~ one little step at a time ~

whew this got a little long ~ hope it helps ~ keep up the faith sweetie - your program is growing in you and that's the best thing you can do for yourself and your loved ones.

pink hugs (hope, unity, gratitude and serenity)