View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 08:18 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Marine28

Tres - that is good you made him stay over and not drive. I wish the friend I was sitting with the night of my charity event had not let me drive. He had to have known i had too much to drink, because he texted me three or four times with "are you home yet, did you make it home?", so he knew. Funny how he has called only once to see how I am doing. And he and my husband were very good friends, too. Oh well, like the song goes, "you find out who your friends are".

Anyway, sounds like you had a nice afternoon at Busch Gardens. I tried to find a women only AA meeting. Got to the church listed in the directory and there were four or five different things going on in the church hall. I didn't want to go into each room and ask if this is where the AA meeting was being held, so I just came back home. Wish that some of these meetings would have some kind of identifier. These church halls/schools often have many groups using their facility.

Can't remember if I ever told the story about walking in and sitting down at what I thought was an AA meeting at home and it was a bible chorus group picking out songs to sing. Hey, all the big books looked the same. :-).