View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 07:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Toss

Originally Posted by IWillWin View Post
Wow...my father is losing his battle with many chronic illnesses as I type this. It is uncanny how I always find I'm not alone when I come to SR.

Toss and Anna - I'm very sorry for both of your losses. I know first hand how this all feels...especially your story Toss minus a few specific details. My fathers wife of 25 years has been wonderful in caring for him and we have a nice relationship so at least when he passes it will be a non-confrontational atmosphere.

Thank you for sharing - I needed to read that tonight. I'm learning this is what is known to some as a "shot" from our Higher Power. I'm starting to really believe that as I gain more and more sobriety.

May peace and love surround you both during these difficult times
I'm glad my story helped, thank you for letting me know. It does amaze me that I can find one thread a night that sounds familiar and reminds me of the journey I am on.

I would have liked the end to be smoother, but she supported him and cared for him like a partner should. He died by his own hand, so that has esculated the situation.

Unfortunately, there was alot of history about how he left when I was 12, commited to thinks he did not follow though on, and left a wake of ruined feeling that have passed, but are still present.